Submit a Wedding for Publication on Brides Without Borders
At BWB, the aim is to inspire and educate couples who are planning or considering a destination wedding, therefore we love to feature real weddings on the blog. We’re quite specific about the weddings that we feature, therefore we don’t publish every day, preferring instead to only feature weddings that are a perfect fit for our audience.
Here’s a little more information on what we look for when selecting our blog features;
- First and foremost, we look for professional, artistic and creative photography.
- As well as beautiful photographs, we want to share the story of the wedding day, along with any valuable advice or experience that can help others.
- We look for submissions that showcase the location or the venue, including the surrounding location, the landscape, the views, that day trip you took to the next town before the wedding, etc.
- We love to include a few detail shots, particularly anything that specific to the destination, like local flowers, the cuisine, local customs, etc.
- We love to share unique ideas or locations with our readers – it doesn’t need to be a typical wedding destination (or a typical wedding, for that matter) in order to be featured.
- We look for real couples and real weddings, therefore we do not feature styled shoots. We love to admire beautiful editorials as much as the next person, however we look for submissions that show what’s possible on a real wedding day.
- We don’t have a specific style or a specific size of wedding that we feature on BWB. We love everything from a simple elopement to a huge, multi-day affair. We also like to showcase a range of budgets on the BWB blog. Some of our weddings are at the lavish end of the scale, but that doesn’t mean other couples can’t plan a smaller, simpler wedding at the same destination, shoot wedding portraits with the same backdrop, incorporate the same local touches, etc.
How To Submit
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the wedding on your own blog and a brief paragraph about the wedding. Alternatively, you may send a link to the images via Dropbox (or your preferred file sharing app), along with a a covering email.
- Please let us know if the wedding has been featured or submitted elsewhere for publication. (Note: while we don’t insist on exclusivity, it will certainly improve your chances of being featured!).
- Photographers, please ensure that your couple is aware that their wedding may be published online prior to submitting. Wedding Vendors, please ensure that you have the photographer’s permission prior to submitting.
- Images must be at least 1160 pixels wide (including portrait oriented images).
- Please note that we do not accept watermarked images. We will always give credit to the photographer when publishing images on the BWB blog.
- If accepted for publication, please note that you will be contacted to provide further background information for inclusion in the blog feature.
We will always reply to you to let you know if your submission has been accepted or declined. Please allow up to 14 days for a response.